Unconditional Love

When we adopted Emma Daisy in 2009 from Sydney Pet Rescue & Adoption, little did I know that she would end up saving my daughters life.

On her arrival, the one year old Australian Bull Arab brought with her many unanswered questions. Is she stray and has she been abused? Was she abandoned?

Madison was so sick that she couldn't sleep for 18 hours. One night, Emma came into the kitchen and made a funny sound, like a moaning sound.

Little did I know that she would pull my arm into Maddy's bedroom and I saw that my daughters lips were in the middle of light and dark blue. I was so shocked that I begin to do mouth to mouth.

I checked her breathing but, she wasn't breathing. I was terrified. For a minute my heart was like a lighting bolt in the sky always crashing and thrashing through my heart.

She was fine after that. If Emma wasn't there on that day my four year old daughter would of been dead.

I wouldn't know what I'd do without Emma if we hadn't adopted her!!!
The End
By Mackenzie Jones St Josephs School Wee Waa NSW.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!