Ultraviolet

The dark room’s lights flickered. My iris dilated and blended in, joining my white sclera. My pupil sparked into a 10 point star, each point curling clockwise. My teeth grew out into gruesome spikes that shone like titanium in the moonlight, gleaming in a silver shade. I screamed out in pain from the rapid change in my body features. Everything blacked out. I could only remember luminous light, shining into my eyes. I woke up in a cream coloured room. The walls were furnished in a luxurious material, too expensive for any ordinary citizen to purchase. Was I in heaven? No, this couldn’t be heaven. Where were the angels? I was the only one in this room and started to feel claustrophobic.
I started to choke deep down in my throat. Something was making its way up my oesophagus and it didn’t agree with my organs one bit. I gagged and vomited up ultraviolet liquid that fired at one of the expensive walls coated in the white material. The wall dissolved completely and the purple liquid continued to dissolve the floor beneath. Red lights burst out from the ceiling activating an alarm. The alarm activated my adrenaline and I frantically jumped on all fours. Wait, all fours? Since when did I walk on four legs? My eyes travelled down to my ligaments and there were four, black, scaly feet. I heard voices from the hallway ahead and saw five men dressed in SWAT uniforms stop and stare at me. They yelled something out in military language and fired their bullets at me. I shut my eyes closed bracing for impact, but no pain came to me. I dared to open my eyes and discovered that the bullets ricocheted off me. My whole body was now covered in a black diamond substance.
A surge of superiority overcame me and a smirk appeared on my face. The men stopped shooting and stared in horror. I breathed in, sucking in electricity in result of the inhale. I had never inhaled electricity before, but it felt strangely exhilarating. The lights started to flicker and the hallway turned pitch black. A few moments passed and I opened my mouth releasing a bright purple flamethrower towards the three men that had remained. The flames licked up the screams of agony by the SWAT men, completely finishing their bodies off like a toddler drinking a fizzy drink. When the flames cleared I saw that the flamethrower had ripped through several walls. An animal instinct took over and I galloped towards the burnt out walls, eager to find an exit. I broke free from the clutches of the building and was confronted by a swarm of police cars. The red and blue lights flashed in an epileptic proportion. There was nowhere to flee to and my eyes latched onto a policeman. All the sound was drowned out as a voice inside said to me “time to feed”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!