Yin And Yang

Twin peaks blocked out the sun as it arose over the hills. The stars hurried away on the Western horizon leaving only Venus and the moon battling the might of the sun. This was the way of the world and it was a war lasting for centuries. The sun and moon had fought one another throughout the ages, yet without one, the other would not exist.

We were the people of the night. Strong, elven beings who worship our moon goddess without falter. And then there were the people of the day, stubborn and stupids stumps of people who worship the sun as a false deity.

But neither of us could exist without the other side. The people of the night cannot live long in the light, our skin burning in its rays. The people of the day cannot live in the dark, their bodies melt in the absence of light which makes them whole. We live together in a city where only one half is awake at any one time. The day people grow the vegetables and care for the animals we eat and the night people care for the city, we build, repaint, demolish and restructure the city. All other professions such as doctors, cleaners, chefs, politicians were taken on by each side and do not mix.

We the night have nearly no communication with them the day as we have nothing to communicate about. But today was the day, today we will stand in the sunlight and not burn for our priests have blessed the sun-balm and invoked the moon lady’s love into it. We cannot burn today. Our love burns hotter than any sun. Today we will see the people of day and no longer have need of them, we will ascend to new heights and soar above the sky. It will not matter what time of day, we will be free from the constraints of our birth.

As a ghostly choir, the people of the night sing to our goddess. Begging her to take us from this astral plane into the land of paradise. Begging, hoping and waiting as the sun slips over the horizon. We have never seen the sun before, it really is very bright. Very, very bright. But our love burns hotter than the rays that can have no effect on our holy bodies. We wait and we hope.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!