Viola

I have a problem. A big problem. My mum has breast cancer my Dad is as sick as a dog and my little brother is deformed. My life is very bad and is has been since my little brother was born. When I zoomed into the hospital that morning I was extremely excited to see my little sibling, but when I saw mum and Dad crying I knew something was wrong. I looked down and all I could see was an alien or something. I asked mum why she had an alien in her hands and she said that it was my brother. All I remember is that I cried all night. By the way my name is Viola.

It’s hard having sick family members because now I don’t have any friends and I have to eat lunch in the toilets. I used to have a friend called Sam and she had red hair. She was so beautiful, inside and out and a great friend to have around, but sadly last spring she moved to Dubbo. We still email and all that but I’ll probably never see her again.
Yesterday was my first day back at school but as always no one said hello to me no one waved to me and nobody at all stood even a metre next to me because apparently I’m the girl with the creepy brother. I just hate it when people are like that.

Oh, and did I mention that mum and Henry (my brother) are having both of their operations tomorrow. It is soooooo exciting.

Guess what, something amazing happened today. I don’t know if it was just luck or anything but I have a friend. Her name is Stevie and she has beautiful blonde hair and she is now my best friend eek.

This afternoon when Stevie and I were walking home Mum was vomiting all over the floor. I cleaned it up with the help of Stevie and we got Mum into bed with her warm blankets.I am really worried about Mum and hopes she gets some good sleep.

Mum passed away today.Stevie and I walked home again and we saw Mum on the floor not breathing. We called the ambulance and he took us straight to hospital. Mum is ..... DEAD. I feel like bursting into tears and not stopping but luckily I have Stevie here looking after me.

I'm at Grandmas for the weekend and she is keeping me entertained while this takes place. It's so hard for me because Mum was my everything and now I don't have her in my life anymore.

Dad is better now and he is helping me keep calm. Dad and Henry are all I have left and if I loose them I pretty much won't have anything except Grandma and she is on Mums side so we will both be crying to the moon and back.

Henry had his 13th operation yesterday and and I had to go with dad and watch all of the horrible things that the Nurse's poked and popped around his body.

Henry now looks half normal now and because of this I now have a wider circle of friends, who except me for who I am and not for who my brother, or my Dad, or my Mum is but for who I am and I really appreciate that.

Dad has taught me that the most important thing in life is having friends and family who care for you and love you and it doesn't actually matter if your brother is deformed because people are to except you for who you are not other people.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!