Garbage Truck

I peered at her. It’s been five minutes now. She’s so beautiful, she’s soooooooo um… Beautiful. I just want to kiss her. I just want her to be in my stomach. The hot red skin. The beautiful yellow shiny coating. The fresh fluffy bun. Every seed is a blessing.
“Joe, get up” says the Hot Dog.
It repeats it several times, every time it seems to be getting louder and louder. Wait, that sounds like my mums voice. I awake into a New World. I’m being born again. I quickly dash for the window, chipping the wall on the way out. I jump out, I’m flying? I’m flying! Here comes gravity. I start to fall.
“Ahhhh”
A cloud catches me, Thank God! Wait no, I go straight through the cloud. I fall onto a trampoline and bounce back up and down into a garbage truck. A smelly, disgusting, revolting, sickening, terrifying, horrifying, Garbage Truck. I got to get out of here, I think. Ladders. I see Ladders. I try to find my way to the ladders. It’s a sea of chip packets, banana skins and worst of all VEGETABLES! I start to panic. What if I become Broccoli Boy or Super Carrot or more like Supper Carrot. My life gone in a blink of an eye. I can’t see, it’s too dark. I spot some carrots. Carrots make you see better in the dark right? I’m going to have to do the unthinkable and eat a stinky rotten carrot.
It’s probably filled with radiation. I don’t want to die my life has just started, literally. Something curdles inside of stomach, my tiny, little stomach. It starts to descend downwards. A puddle appears in front of me. It starts to soak into the ground like acid melting trees. “YUCK” I yelp.
I reach down to the carrot. All my blood rushed to my right arm. I’m shaking, as I move the carrot to my mouth. I can smell it; the horrible stench of a rotten carrot is overwhelming. I start nibbling it. I take a massive bite. It’s all gone. It wasn’t too bad actually. It was quite nice. I can see, I run to the grotty ladders. I climb them and jump out. I’m finally safe.
“JOE GET UP!” says my mum.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!