The Era Of Squares

Squares. Its all I'm surrounded by. Blocks upon cubes of units. This is what we live in. Triangles are just the cut offs of squares. Hexagons? You just cut off the corners. Why are we so obsessed with them? Our tables are square, our books are square, even our beds and rooms are squared. Where did the word square even come from? A squid? A mare? Or maybe a chair? But even thats square. We draw our houses square, and our paper is rectangular there. Rectangles are just made of squares. We have built millions of cities out of squares to the point that everywhere you look is squares, the ads, the buildings the transportation. This obsession, no, this fixation of our own creation has made the world of squares. We will just have to live with it until there is a new inspiration.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!