Darkness And Evil

The endless torment of begging for mercy, the harrowing voices haunting my mind. Deep in the dreary daunting darkness, seeing nothing, feeling nothing. The darkness and evil submerging itself into my skin, becoming me, part of me. Deep breaths, in and out – my chest aching and heaving more and more as each dying breath leaves my body. Dark hearts subverting the good, the light run by the shadows. As each individual turns to another, they see only strangers, not friends. They see only cruelty, pain and an undying thirst to destroy. The mere reason for living is a blessing in disguise. Betrayal, cruelty and inhumane humans run the earth with a life of destruction. Lives filled with colour, freedom, laughter, joy is no more than a blurred dream. Loss is pain and pain is loss. The darkness of our loss is our own pain – a pain which was inflicted upon us. Our lives are flashing before us, the bright colours, a stranger to our blinded eyes. The beautiful nightmare envelopes our hopeless souls – and we welcome the darkness without a fight. The deep silence befalls over us, the icy sting of death beginning to embrace us, drowning our sorrows in an eternal darkness. Our true enemies alluring over our shoulders. Us, the weak, the broken, an amusement to them. As the shadows loom near, and hope is barely a spark, bloodcurdling screams escape our throats, with the pain that this is the world in which we live in. Tears are streaking down our cheeks, the dark blue tears of the unheard. The shadows are nearly touching us. We close our eyes with defeat. Deep breaths, in and out – our chests aching and heaving more and more as each dying breath leaves our bodies. With one final breath we take, to conclude our pain, our souls subjected to the everlasting evil – the true darkness of the shadows, in our hearts become one and the same.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!