Darkness

It was a dark and stormy night on Lee-Lie Street.
On Lee-Lie Street there lived a young girl named Lyla. Lyla lived in a two story house. Lyla was tucked up in bed when Lyla’s mother shut the door
Lyla yelled out “Mother can you leave the door open!”
Lyla’s mother whispered “Honey your ten now be a big girl.”
Lyla’s mother shut the door. Lyla was so frightened she pulled her covers up to her nose. Lyla decided to build a cubby in her bed, so she would be safe. Lyla grabbed her torch that was lying on her wooden table beside her bed and began to build her cubby fortress. First all of her pillow to surround her, followed by Tessa doll, then all of her Barbie’s. Lyla even placed her Monster High dolls on the walls of her bed castle. They were a bit gruesome but she needed their strength.
Lyla finished getting materials from around her room. No sooner had Lyla finished her cubby, a huge storm blew in from the West. SPLISH, SPLASH, SPLISH, SPLASH. Lyla was so terrified.
Lyla yelled “HELP ME!” “HELP!”
Her sister ran into her room and in a concerned voice “What happened Lyla what’s wrong!”
Lyla explained her fears sobbing quietly. Lyla’s sister stroked her hair a gently soothed her by reading a story that Lyla loved. Then she sang a lullaby. Lyla’s eyes heavy with tears and tiredness slowly closed.
So Lyla’s sister shut the door and whispered “Have a good night sleep sissy.”
The sandman came and Lyla slept. She had a good night’s sleep.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!