Nick, Harry, And The Red-Eyed Snake

Chapter 1
In 1702 there lived a young lad of twelve named Nick. His mother was a widow. Very near to where they lived stood a mansion. It stood on a small cone shaped mountain surrounded by shark infested water ...
Chapter 2
Nick's father had died of cancer when Nick was two years old. He hadn't really known much about his poor father. Nick's best friend was Harry, he was small quick and giddy and he also knew about that spooky old mansion....
Chapter 3
Both Nick and Harry were dying to go into the mansion but their parents made them say they would never go.
"THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS THAT COULD KILL YOU" Nicks mum cried... "LIKE THE RED EYED SNAKE!"
What red eyed snake? Nick thought...
Chapter 4
He told Harry about the red eyed snake.
"We need to study it" Harry told him.
"I'll try to ask Mum about it" Nick said. "But I don't like my chances."
"I'll borrow all the library books I can" Harry said.
Time went on and they had no luck. Nick and Harry turned thirteen. Nick was given a pet rabbit called Lion because she was exactly the same colour as a lion, and nearly as brave. Harry received a book about the world...
Chapter 5
A few days later Harry made a breakthrough. He found a section in his book called 'The House on the Cone-Shaped Mountain'. He read and read and read and discovered the red-eyed snake was the most dangerous animal in the world. It had lasers in its eyes. One look and it would shoot a laser at you and you would die. There is only one in the world. It will never die unless it is killed...
Chapter 6
A wicked man lived in the mansion. He kept the terrifying red-eyed snake as a pet. He trained it to kill anyone who came into the mansion. A little mouse somehow managed to come in. BANG!!! It fell dead.
Chapter 7
Harry told Nick exactly what his book said. "We really need to work something out. How can we get in? Even if we do get a boat, the sharks will tear it to pieces. Because those sharks are starving."
"We could try to invent something that makes a boat go really fast", Nick said.
"I've got an idea", Harry said. "We could throw fish bait to the sharks and then quickly row away".
"Brilliant, but how are we going to get a boat? Maybe we could make a raft" ...
Chapter 8
A few minutes later they were done. "Let's give it a test run. Awesome! It floats. Now let's buy the fish bait at the shop." Harry said.
Once they had the bait Nick threw it as far and as wide as he could.
"Excellent throw" said Harry. "Ok, row, row, row, row ... going well ... made it! We have to go in, let's go."
They slowly went into a pitch black room and heard voices...
"Venom, venom, what can you smell?"
"Whose venom?" whispered Nick.
"I'm not sure." replied Harry. "Let's turn on the lights."
"Hide, quick" Harry whispered.
Click, the lights switched on and the snake's eyes were as red as blood. Lion, the rabbit, suddenly appeared and jumped on the snake and the snake just fell dead.
"NOOOOO!!!!" the man screamed.
Nick and Harry quickly came out of hiding. The man glared hard at them. Harry found a wand, poked the wizard with it, and the man slowly died. The evil villain had been defeated and the village was safe once more.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!