Back And Forth

Here I am again; I’m back from England for the fourth time. My head hurts, my eyes are strained, and I feel so tired. Extreme jetlag!

I have to go with my Dad on his business trips. I have always hated going with my Dad, I don’t know why but I find my Dad’s co-workers creepy. They’re always complementing me on my long reddish golden hair. Always telling me I have pale skin just like my Dad. These business trips impact on my schooling. Doing assigned homework isn’t the same as being in a classroom with my friends and teachers.

I don’t know what my Dad thinks half the time. Sometimes he makes no sense! What I hate about him is that he forgets I’m not 5 anymore. He forgets that I’m 12. I only ever wear shorts, tops and flats, I never really liked wearing dresses or anything of that sort, I might have liked dresses when I was younger but not anymore. I love my Dad but sometimes he goes off track.

I was happy about moving back to Australia but then I overheard some horrible and devastating news last night. I cried softly so my Dad wouldn’t hear me. It felt like the world was ending for me, I can’t believe this, why, how, when, that’s all the questions I could think of. No answers came to mind but anger grew inside of me. I can’t believe what my Dad was thinking. Why oh why doesn’t he think this is going to affect me.

Last night, he just said instead of coming back and forth we will just move to England. I don’t know if he was even thinking about me at the time.

I was lying in bed, couldn’t sleep, thinking how much I am going to miss everyone back home. I finally fell asleep, it took me hours but when I woke I saw my bags packed, my wardrobe was empty and so was my drawers. I know my siblings are in England already but why can’t I just stay with Mum and visit everyone once in a while.

Deep down I know I have to go with my Dad but I need answers before I go. I felt empty, I felt alone. At that moment Dad came into the room and saw the look on my face. He came and sat next to me and said why are you so sad, we will come back and visit. He was expressionless but all I was thinking was why, why now. He had no answers.

I yelled “why are we going now!” Then I noticed that was the first time I had yelled at my Dad in a long time, his face dropped, my heart sank and I started crying.
I’ve been here for 3 months now. Maybe moving here was not such a bad idea, I think how I can make my life better I will soon settle down. It might just take a while.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!