Head Over Heels For Bowen

Head over Heels for Bowen
A memoir
By Morris Farran
This is a story about a girl called Bowen going head over heels. In summer on a weekend at Delegate Bowen was being taught horse riding by Rowena. She was with Mum, Amber and Jasmine. Amber’s horse was Penny a palomino pony. Jasmine’s horse was Spud. He is brown and white. Bowen’s pony was Harley. He is brown and white, fat and like a walking armchair. Mum was walking along watching Bowen.
Harley is such a greedy guts that he tries to get in the yard to eat all the green grass. He isn’t allowed to because he will founder. He still tries to eat green grass whenever he can.
Bowen doesn’t have much experience in riding horses yet. She hasn’t been taught for very long. When they are riding Harley is the boss. Harley doesn’t stop eating grass when Bowen tells him to. This is a problem for Bowen because it is very hard to ride a horse when he is eating grass.
Rowena, Amber and Jasmine’s mum was teaching the girls to go down and up steep banks. It was easier for Jasmine and Amber because they had more practice and bigger horses. Bowen wasn’t so good on her little pony.
When Bowen looked one way Harley went the other. Because there was some green grass on it, Harley went over to a really steep bank. It wasn’t very easy and Bowen had to give Harley a few kicks but they still managed to get up.
Harley followed the other horses. He is a follower not a leader. Then he saw some green yummy grass and stopped following the other horses. He put his head down and ate some grass.
That was when Bowen went head over heels in slow motion. She landed on the ground with a thump. Then everybody laughed. Bowen wasn’t hurt and she was laughing too. Harley kept on munching the grass happily.
The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!