The 5 Apprentices

One day in a land of green forests, castles and knights there lived a little boy whose name is Matt. He was with four other orphans (Alice, Gary, Nelson and Jasmine). Matt was small for his age he was speedy and could climb buildings and trees. His dad was a brilliant knight but died in battle while fighting choppers, choppers are evil and ugly things if you think of bear and wolf merged together they will look like that. He died while trying to save a friend. The friend was on the ground with twelve choppers surrounding him so Matts dad barged through all the choppers he got multiple wounds while doing so. The choppers got scared of him because they never saw a person or anything fight the way he was fighting so the choppers decided to go back to their home the forbidden place.
Matt, Alice, Gary, Nelson and Jasmine walked into a big room it was the Baron’s office. The office was huge the walls were 12metres tall the roof had a sky roof that lit the whole room The walls were shinning. The 5 apprentices walked up to the big table in the middle of the room the Baron (the Baron is a person who owns the castle and a king advisor) was sitting in the middle of the massive table. Matt and the others stopped at the big table the Baron said ‘can the 5 craft masters please come in here’. The 5 craft master came in one by one sir David came in first he is the battle master were he trains teenagers to become knights then came in Mistress Paula she is the scribe school master she trains people to speak clearly without showing any signs of face expressions and going on trips to send letters next came in Scott the cook at castle Radeon he is the best cook in the fief Next came in Sir Jack he is the castle stable master he breeds and trains battle horses for the knights of Radeon then there was Sir Robert he was the note pad taker for the court and royal adviser, he trains teenagers to take notes and become royal advisors.
The Baron told Alice to step forward and introduce herself Alice stepped forward and said,’ I am Alice and I am applying to go to the scribe school. Next was Nelson, Nelson is my name and I want to go to the battle school sir, sir David walked in front of Nelson and inspected him he said quietly to himself broad shoulders good height nice features. He thought he said it quietly to himself but Nelson heard him and smiled to himself I accept him sir David said. Next is Jasmine ‘can Jasmine step forward please? Jasmine introduced herself and said I want to go to Scott’s kitchens Scott looked at Jasmine and said Nice and plump I accept Next is Gary, Gary could you please step forward Gary courteously stepped forward and mumbled his selection so nobody heard him What was that Gary said the Baron I would like to be in Sir Roberts class I accept him I can make that shyness go away next is Matt, Matt what would you like to do I would like to go to battle school sir Sir David laughed out loud and quickly covered it up you can’t go in battle school look how scrawny you are your too small and skinny I can’t take him. Sir jack can you take him no I can’t he’s to small the horses might trample you then when he said that a cloaked figure came out of nowhere and passed the baron a note saying I will take him as my apprentice but Matt did not know about it. Ok can you please all go home or to you dormitories at tomorrow you will go to you craft masters at 6:00 what about me said Matt you might have to work at the farms.
So at night Matt sneaked in to the Barons office and went to get the note As soon as he was about to touch the letter a hand shot out and grabbed him before he touched the letter the cloaked figure took Matt to the Barons quarters where he sleeps and barged through the door startled the Baron and the cloaked figure said’ told you so he will come and get the note he has the skills to be my apprentice and Matt heard those words and was so excited that he screamed a little bit and that’s how the 5 friends became the 5 apprentices’
BY DYLAN NAPPER

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!