The Flower


The guard through me across the hall, he screamed
“Where is your family?”
I couldn’t reply. I knew if I told him where they were, I knew that they would be taken away from me. They didn’t have blue eyes or blonde hair. Then the guard told me that nothing would happen to them. I was dreading that this wouldn’t be the day that I would lose my family.
I saw the guards take away my family; a guard placed his hand on my shoulder. He turned me around and told me that I will be going to a youth camp. I had no idea what that meant. I got in to a car there was a lady in black, she was very pail and her hair was blond with perfect curls.
She turned around and said” you’ll be alright If you stay with me, I’ll protecting you” she said with an untrustworthy grin. I didn’t reply I just smiled with a confused look. My mind was blank when I arrived at this place; I think the guard told me it was called the youth camp. I still don’t know what it is but I’m about to find out.
As I stepped out of the car there were lots of men and young boys standing all around the camp and it felt like I was the only girl there. Then the lady with the blonde hair stepped out of the car and then she told me her name, it was Eva Braun.
I asked her where I was she said that I was at a youth camp for men.
I replied “Why am I here then?”
She replied “because he told me to take you here with me”
“Who’s he?”
She didn’t reply. She started to walk away, I followed her. We walked into a beautiful room. On the table there was a bunch of flowers. She walked up to the flowers and smelt them.
I followed her down the hall way and there he was, standing there. He had dark brown hair all nice and slick, he had dark brown eyes and right below his nose and above his lip was a little moustache. He had a look in his eyes of kindness. He asked Eva why I was here and she replied in a strange voice” she’s here with me here family got taken away” he didn’t reply he just nodded.
The next day Eva and I went for a picnic in a beautiful meadow. As we started to eat there was a beautiful butterfly I start chasing it. It leads me to a field of flowers. There he was standing there with a gun to my chest. I stopped breathing for a second. There was a bang then I realized that he had shot me. Then I turn back and see Eva smiling.
I had been betrayed by the woman that was meant to protect me, but at least I’m with my family now.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!