A Close Call

Luke’s van had just hit a patch of ice and was sliding on two wheels to the left. It veered across the frozen surface towards the safety rail. As his van was on two wheels he peered out the window. He was at least fifteen storeys high with a rough fall. His agrophobia had started to pick up. As he went to pick up his brown paper bag to hyperventilate into it the van had gone back on onto its all fours. Luke was relieved.
Luke let out a massive sigh of relief. He had lost focus on the road and just saw a glimpse of a deer running across the road. Luke swerved away from the deer with all his might, just missing the deer. Swerving away from the deer resulted into his van smashing through the safety rail and plunging into the landscape! While he was falling to his fate he saw one of those coke bottle fan things. You know… the massive coke bottle that has the zero gravity like thing in it? No? Well... just Google it.
Anyway his van went straight into the coke bottle and shot him up so far in the air that he could see the redbull guy who was going to set the world record for the world’s highest free fall. They gave each other a little wave and then his ejector seat launched so that he was one metre higher than the redbull guy!
Redbull guy was frustrated, “WHAT!!! *sigh* Houston take me up an extra 2 metres,” Redbull guy said, frustrated. “Sorry Felix, I can’t do that” Houston replied. Felix jumped for the fun of it fun since the world record was now being set by some guy who just came along randomly.
Luke had been falling for about two hours. So he decided that he would have a nap. When he awoke from his nap he was plummeting towards the ground. After a while he caught sight of something, it was a guy who looked exactly like James’ GTA online character who was flying a massive plane. He landed on top of the plane which set off the emergency engine failure. The guy in the plane jumped out without a parachute. “BAH, every time, I always forget my parachute” said the man in a black suit. Luke started to far cry three across the plane and grabbed a parachute through the air. On the parachute it read, ‘OUTBACKTHUNDER’s parachute.’
Luke jumped off the plane and immediately pulled the cord for the parachute. The wind was blowing south. He decided to just relax while the parachute safely took him to Australia.
Upon arriving at Australia, Luke walked across the street to find a hotel. He saw a newspaper on the ground and it read ‘Man breaks world record for world’s highest free fall’ it had Luke’s face on the newspaper. He made a ‘yippee’ noise louder than a child going to the candy store!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!