HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

It was the first day of school holidays, Blake, Jamie, Caitlin, and Sally were all best friends, they were all spending the school holidays together at Jamie and Caitlin’s house. Caitlin was 10, Sally was 9 turning 10 in a few weeks, the two of them were playing a game they had made up together, it was called…………….Catch Katy (Katy is Caitlin’s cat). Jamie was 12 and Blake was 13, they were playing a game on the ps3 (PlayStation3) their game was called Dragon Defeaters. They were all playing in the lounge room. Finally Mrs Clawson (Jamie and Caitlin’s mum) came out with a tray of cookies one for each of them, then suddenly Mrs Clawson announced, “HAPPY HOLIDAYS children, tomorrow morning we are going to go to Brisbane, so pack your bags!!!!!!!!!!!!” Everyone was so excited they packed their bags straight away.

The next morning they all had to get up at 4:00 in the morning to get on the train!! Everyone was so exhausted from last night they couldn’t be bothered to get up, so Mrs Clawson had to drag them out of bed for the first time ever!! Finally they all were on the train waiting for hours!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blake and Jamie were reading dragon books, the girls (Caitlin and Sally) were on their IPod’s. When they got to Nambour Mrs Clawson got them all a treat, then she realised she had forgotten their friend Annabel’s present, because she was going to surprise the children and go and see Annabel for her 12th birthday, all the children knew Annabel and they were all best friends.

When everyone arrived she realised the present was in her handbag because it was a little make up kit and a card with $50.00. When they went to the Ekka they had an absolutely extremely fun time, on the rides. When it was time to go back home everyone was so disappointed, because they had such a wonderful time on their holidays in Brisbane. It was way better then school.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!