A Chocolate Daze

‘So here we have the liquid chocolate room’, the tour guide pointed to a darkened room.
Everybody had one thing on their mind as they hurried towards the room, the thick sweetened taste of liquid chocolate. When we entered the room a delectable smell wafted into my nose, exciting my senses. A large machine sat in the furthest corner of the room, it was purple, obviously the company’s colour, and had steam rising from the top. The closer we got to the mysterious machine the more I wanted to try whatever was within. On the front of the machine was a clear, plastic tube leading from the huge, round middle to a spout with a tiny lever, poking out the side.
‘This is our taste-testing room, where we taste the quality and thickness of our chocolate’, our tour guide teased us, unknowingly,’ so, shall we put this room to use and taste some liquid chocolate?’
A chorus of various agreements spread throughout the crowd. He turned to a shelf next to the machine and took down a tower of small, hard-plastic, see-through cups and placed each, one by one, under the spout and filled them with the chocolate. He then proceeded to hand them around the room. When I received the warm, thick liquid in my hands I knew this was going to be an important moment. I lifted the small cup to my mouth and poured the chocolate in. As soon as it entered my mouth my tastebuds had a party, the brown liquid was like a river of dreams. The hard work was almost visible in my mind as I swallowed barely a teaspoon worth of the greatest liquid in human history.
‘Let’s move onto the Jaffa ball area now,’ the guide pulled the chocolate-dazed crowd out of the magical room and into the hall once again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!