Day Dreamer

I dream of a place deep under the see. The water is cold and it’s dark. Small yellow, blue and white fish crowd around me. I’m floating around in my wetsuit with bright yellow flippers protecting my feet. There it is! I knew I would find it! A single box buried half in the sand with nothing but clear water surrounding it. I start to paddle towards it, but wait! My oxygen tank is almost empty. Searching around me before I push off the sand, I say goodbye to the box. Whatever was in there will be kept a mystery to me forever.
My eyes flicked open and I was sitting in my plain, white-walled lounge room. The T.V viewed a documentary where people swam with dolphins and dived into the deep, dark blue ocean. I sighed as I wished I was joining them. I leapt off the comfy sofa and got pins and needled running up and down my legs. I let a yawn out and my tummy grumbled.
After lunch I trembled outside where two small dogs lay asleep. My eyes closed and I was in front of two massive guard dogs sleeping in a hot desert. They were guarding their master’s castle. The tall shadow of the castle drooped over me and the sleeping dogs. The slightest sound and who knows what would happen. I was lucky they were held back by large, bulky chains. But if I had of woke up their master, the most powerful wizard, all he would have done was snap his fingers and the chains would have disappeared. I had to do it though; I had to retrieve that diamond no matter what.
I raised one eyebrow and brought my dusty hat up to my head. My fingers clenched and scrapped together. I yanked some rope attached to my belt and spun it around in the air. My grip against the rope was tight. The thick rope spun around letting off little specks of sand and then I let go of it all except the end. It then clung to the giant golden gate. I checked it was secure by tugging on it then I lifted both my feet up and swung. I went flying into the gate.
I cautiously snuck through the castle when something red and glittery caught my eye. The diamond! I grabbed it carefully then gently placed it in my bag. Another mission successfully finished! I walked outside and the castle disappeared, so did the vicious attack dogs and all the sand started to spin. It spun around me like a crazy tornado.
My eyes flew open so fast I couldn’t see because it was too blurry. My heart was beating fast and my breathing was heavy. A smile curved up onto my face. The two small pugs trotted up to me and I scratched their chins. I am a hero, I bravely thought to myself.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!