Hauted Hours

I am going to my new house, YAY! Mum did not tell me what the house looks like; she said it was a suprise. Oh my , where are my manners I'm Adele I’m 14 years old and I’m in my big 4wheel drive with my Mum and my crazy brother Mitchell. “Mum are we there yet?" Moaned Mitchell. “mm according from my calculations it is about 10 minutes away." Mum said in a wobbly voice. 10 minutes past by slowly. “WAKE UP ADELE WE ARE HERE!" Mitchell screamed in my ear. I sat up and looked out the window, what I saw made my heart skip a beat. “ahh mum are you sure you have got the rite house?" I said freaking out. "Well that is what the man told me anyway lets go inside you will never know what will be inside!" Mum said trying to sound cheerful. “probably a monster is what we'll find in side." Mitchell muttered to himself. I gave him a little nudge. We walked up the old wooden stairs that lead to a mouldy old door that looked like it was going to fall on top of Mitchell, which I was hoping to happen. Mum opened the door with no sudden movements. When the door I froze. It was beautiful even better than a dream." So first upstairs!" Mitchell screamed. “No wait Mitchell there is a whole in the....stairs!" Mum said trying to let Mitchell know. But it was too late. He was stuck down the hole in the stairs. I giggled to myself then went to help him out of the whole in the shiny white stairs. By the time me and mum had got Mitchell out of the hole it was 11:00.I was really tired so I went to get my pj's on and go to sleep. I got into bed and squashed my feet all the way to the end of the bed. But before I got the end of the bed I felt this burning hot slime EATING THROUGH MY FEET!! I picked up my tongs and threw it in the air. It landed on the floor and started eating through it. After the big slime problem there was a loud bang and strange words I think it said "LEAVE NOW OR I WILL KILL YOU!!" Then there was another loud bang. The next morning Mum and Mitchell looked like they had heard the same thing because they had their suit cases just like me. Before I could say anything because a giant scary looking ghost turned up and I did not want to stay any longer to find out what else happened. We jumped in the car and drove off never seeing the house again!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!