The Lost Bird

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

Once upon a time there was nest and inside that nest there was an egg. The Mummy bird, well she was sick, very sick. The Daddy bought a potion to try and stop the sickness. She drank the potion and she felt better but she was still a bit sick. The Daddy bird brought her back to the nest. To a wonderful surprise, the Mummy and Daddy noticed the egg had hatched, the baby was really pretty. It was a girl. The baby’s feathers were a bit pink and a bit black but most of all she had blue feathers. The Mum and Dad loved her very, very much.
When she turned three they named her Grace. Everyone around her loved her. She was the prettiest bird they ever seen. Today is a Monday and a very sunny day. Grace is going for her first flying lesson. On her first time to fly, she fell down the tree and got lost in the meadow below. You see under the tree was a meadow.
“Help, help!” Grace yelled from under the tree, but no one head her. “Poor Grace” said her dad to himself sadly. Her Mum then told her Dad what had happened in Graces lesson. They ran across the branch h of the tree and flew to the rescue. But the mum’s wing got stuck under a big stick. The Daddy was looking for Grace when he found the Mummy. “Are you all right Angelica? “Said the Dad to the Mum.
“Yes thankyou, “said Angelica. The Daddy looked down into her sparkling eyes.
“You look really pretty with that rose in your feathers “he said to her.
Just the Angelica said “Could you set me free?”, “Ok” said the Daddy then he pulled with all his might. It took a minute or so to set Angelica free.
“Thank you” she smiled with a half sad and half happy heart. Suddenly, the Daddy said “We’ve got to find Grace!”
“What about my wing?” Said Angelica sadly.
“I'll carry you said the Daddy.
“Let’s look where we had the flying lesson first, said Angelica. She might be there.
“Meanwhile, Grace was making her way through the long grass. “Don’t step on me or else I will bit you” Said something strange.
“What’s that sound? “Said Grace. Grace then looked down to see a snake. “Oh hello, “said Grace to the snake. Just then a big loud noise came from the meadow. “What is that other noise? “Said Grace.
“A Train, “said the snake.
"A train!!!”Repeated Grace.
“Yes a train “said the snake. The train was getting closer to them. Grace jumped onto a bridge in fright.
When the train got so close, Grace could see it. Then as the train passed her, the air pushed her sideways. She could not hold on much longer. She fell into the river, “help “Cried Grace, as she swam back to the bank. But the rivers water was pulling her the other way. She could not get out. She pulled with all her might and the river finally let her go. She climbed out of the wet bank tiredly. She stretched her wings out and flapped them dry and then lifted up off the ground. She flew happily through the wind where she quickly looked around for her family.
Grace was so hungry when she finally reached the place where her Mother was near. This was the place where her Mum trapped her wing under the big stick. “Mum, Dad “said Grace.
“Grace “Said her Mum and Dad, “we were looking for you everywhere “said her parents.
“Oh Mum, oh Dad, I love you” Said Grace. The next day Graces Mum had a surprise for her. It was a yummy sweet dessert.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!