Bathurst 1000

“VROOM! VROOM!” That is the sound of my powerful v8 Mercedes motor. I am at the starting line in my Mercedes E63 AMG at Bathurst 1000. ‘’3, 2, 1,..go!’’ exclaimed the man at the starting line. I start at last place and race up to twelfth place, I am coming up to a Holden Commodore. Thirty minutes later I overtake the Holden now I am coming up to a Nissan Pulsar, I overtake him too! I am now moving from sixth place to fifth as he gives me a dirty look,……, but before I know it he rams me! I can’t believe it! I spin towards the barrier and I quickly spin the steering wheel, locking it in to the left. Luckily, I spin back into control before I hit the barrier. I catch up to the Nissan and he is still trying to stop me from overtaking him.

I finally overtake him, my heart is rushing and now I only have a couple of cars to overtake! After I overtake the last car I have one car to overtake with only 20 kilometers left until the finish line! The car ahead is a Volvo, I overtake it but in a split second BAM! CRASH! SMASH! “ARGGHHHHHHHHH!” I crash right into the barrier with only 4 kilometers to the finish. I am still spinning and the Volvo also crashed and its out cold. The good news is the closest car is 10 kilometers away so that gives me time to try and start my car again and move it around, finally my car starts back up. I start to get closer and closer to finish line I finally cross the finish line….. I can feel the adrenalin as I cross the finish lines I can hear the fans cheering for me because I have WON Bathurst 1000! I don’t think that I will ever feel as pumped like this again!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!