I Miss You

It’s 2am and all I can think about is how much I miss you. I miss the way you looked at me like I was the only person in the world that mattered. I miss how we would talk about nothing and everything at the same time. I miss the way it felt to be held and night.

It’s 3am and I’m still thinking about you. I can still see your face when I close my eyes, even though you left so long ago. I can still remember the way you would smile when I did or said something funny. I’m still thinking about how you always told me you loved me for who I was, no matter how strange I acted.

It’s 4am and I’m crying again. I’m crying because you left, when I needed you the most. I’m crying because you said you’d always be there for me no matter what. And now I’m crying because there was nothing I could do to make you stay.

It’s 5am and it hurts. It hurts knowing I’ll never have you back. It hurts knowing things will never go back to the way things were. It hurts because I know I’m all alone again.

It’s 6am and I’m sitting outside, wishing you’d pull into the driveway and take me away from this place. I wish you’d come back to me.

It’s 7am and dad’s come out to sit with me. He’s hurting too you know. We all are. He’s not you mum, but he’s trying.

It’s 8am and your funeral’s in a few hours. And I’m crying again…I miss you.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!