Near Death

So I`ve been fishing for three days but I have really bad seasickness. On our third day I went to be sick I put my head over the side of the boat and I was sick. Then we hit a reef, I tried to push myself away from the edge but I was too slow.

I lost my balance, and fell straight into the water. Then I saw a fin cutting through the water like a blade of steel. It grabbed my foot and dragged me away from the boat. It bit two of my toes off so I punched it in the nose it let go.

I looked for the nearest island and swam to it. It took a long time but I finally got there I was starving so I got some bananas, coconuts and some tree sap all from the tallest and thickest trees.

I made shelter under a palm tree I also made fire. I fell asleep

THE NEXT DAY. . .

I was getting some bananas and I saw some oranges .I set up some traps and got the oranges in the afternoon I checked my traps I caught 1 rabbit, 4 birds and 7 rats.

I climbed a tree to get some more bananas i then went and cooked all my food I ate some and went for a walk along the beach I got some ousters and ate them for tea.

THE NEXT DAY . . .

I climbed a tree to get some bird eggs and out of the corner of my eye I saw an old broken down helicopter. I use up all of my afternoon fixing it. It I look for the keys I turn it on to see if it worked it did but it said low on fuel.

So I made some out of the orange juice. I then went to get some fire wood. I ate a few bananas and stewed up some rats grass and drank it. I then went to sleep.

THE NEXT DAY . . .

When I woke up I had a quick snack and I ran to the helicopter and started it up I flew home. Dad was not there so thought he was looking for me so I went down to the beach. And there on the shore of the beach was Dad’s boat smashed to bits.

Then I heard a grown coming from the bush`s it was dad. He said “how did you survive I thought you got taken by the shark”. “I did but I got away”. He said how am I going to get home and because of those words I yelled and out of my mouth came the words I never wanted to say the words were “ WHY DID YOU BREAK UP WITH MUM “. Dad spoke quietly and slowly “ your right this is all my fault” it`s all right I’ll get you home and we will have a shower.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!