A Change Of Words

Chelsea stared at the empty locker room the took a deep breath she new what was going to happen. Chelsea opened the locker when a sharp voice came. "Well who do we have here? It's Chelsea the silly, stupid girl." Chelsea took a deep breath "leave me alone Sheila." "Oh really, do you know who my father is? Yeah that's right he's really rich and that means I'm rich too. So don't you dare stand up to me." Chelsea stared at the ground her father was a millionaire too only her best friends knew that. Sheila looked at Chelsea, scoffed and walked away.

Chelsea tried to remember the last time she was happy at school. It was only 2 weeks ago when the principle came to her class and introduced the new girl Sheila Spots the rich girl. Just as she turned her memories away her best friend Stacy walked in."Hey, Chelsea was Sheila making fun of you again?" She asked. Chelsea nodded. "Ok thats it! Chelsea you stood up for me when I got bullied so I'm standing up for you. I'm telling my mum the principle." Stacy said "No way Stacy please don't." Chelsea pleaded. Ok fine just stand up for yourself." Stacy sighed as she walked away. Just as she was getting her book she herd Sheila and her friend Rochelle talking "listen you know that girl Chelsea? Well she's rich and she thinks that she's the smartest well who do you think is the richest and the smartest?" Sheila asked. "Well duh it's obvious you of course."Rochelle praised.

Chelsea walked home feeling down. As she walked into her room her mum was already there. "Hi honey Stacy just phoned me." Chelsea drooped."Sweetie why wouldn't tell me? If someone was bullying you I could help." "Sorry mum it's just that I'm scared that you would be disappointed at me for not standing up for me." Chelsea winced. "Oh Chelsea, listen when I was your age I had a bully too at my school she would comment on my hair, my shoes, my clothes. So I was like you. One day my friends and I stood up to her then she never bullied us again. So why don't you and Stacy stand up to Sheila ok? Chelsea nodded

The next day Stacy and Chelsea Met Sheila and Rochelle in the hallway. "Oh no Sheila theres some dorks out here we should probably go before they infect us with their dorky germs." Sheila paused when she saw Chelsea. "Oh no actually we can stay here we have dork bait" Rochelle looked confused when then she saw Chelsea she understood." Listen Sheila I want you to stop bullying me it's not nice." Chelsea sighed. "Uh hello? Have you forgot who my father is?" Sheila asked. "Nope we still remember and also our parents remember." They said together. Suddenly the principle came. " um oh Miss Hanne hello um um..." Sheila stammered. "Well Sheila that is very disappointing that I heard that. Now what would your father say if he heard you bragging about his richness." Miss Hanne scold.

"Well he'd be very disappointed." A voice came but it was a warm and friendly voice. Sudennly a man came out. "Daddy what are you doing here?" Sheila stammered. "Well Sheila you forgot your lunch so I was bringing it to you when I heard this problem. Sheila how could you, brag to your friends. Sheila I am very disappointed in you. I thought you were so kind and welcoming. Well im very mad at you I expect you say sorry to your friends. Stacy Chelsea I'm very sorry that Sheila was bullying you. I will make sure that she will make it up to you. As for you Sheila you are in BIG trouble. Now say sorry for bullying those girls." Sheila's dad commanded. Sheila sqid sorry in a very soft voice. "Thankyou Mr William Spots." Miss Hanne said. " My pleasure Miss Hanne." He said as he walked away. Miss Hanne smiled at the girls. Chelsea felt so relived the problem was solved.

On Monday morning Chelsea and Stacy was eating their recess when Sheila walked to them. " Hi, listen I'm sorry I was really mean and it wasn't good so on the weekend my father and I made this." Sheila opend a cotainer there was a huge chocolate cake with wiped cream top and with sprinkles it wrote IM SORRY. " "Sheila your forgiven." Chelsea smiled.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!