Water In Our World

Water in Our World

It’s early morning, I am watching aeroplanes fly by. As the day goes on the noise increases, disturbing the serenity of our cloud. My friends and I are waiting for the temperature to drop causing us to grow bigger. I’m a little bit of water vapour buzzing with my mates waiting for our adventure down to Earth.

Here we go, it’s getting colder , I’m swelling like a hot air balloon inflating with gasses. Soon we travel to Earth, where will I land? what will I be used for? Is this how it feels to be waiting to jump from an aeroplane hundreds of feet from the ground.

Weeee!! We are off, I am scared and I can smell all the fear and excitement from my mates. My face is rippling with the speed I’m going. I see blue waters acting like a window to a world within. I can see the currents and the mountainous coastal edge. Water splashing against the rocky edges, like cautious white foam fizzing in a Jacuzzi.

Splash! I have landed, it feels like my stomach went into my mouth for a second. Wow! I open my eyes and see where I am. It’s rocky, cold and damp. Oh know! here I go again, slipping and rushing down a rocky mountain. As I take in the beautiful smell of the countryside, it smells like bacon on a grill! Suddenly I am washed off the mountain into the sea like a dugong doing a belly flop in a grey pot of concrete. In the sea sharks swim around, and fish eat algae. What’s that salty smell, I thought, oh it’s me! I look under water and see schools of different fish. Some glowed, like a current of electricity rushed through their spines.
As I start to relax a bunch of noisy dolphins swim pass saying that the ‘Oasis of the Seas’ is on it’s way. I knew this ship was eco friendly with a salt water filtration system. Maybe I will be used for something. Wooosh I didn’t even hear it coming, I had just been sucked up into the system. I was pushed into a tank where they were taking out salt, It felt good to get rid of that. I was stunned to see us being syphoned into glass bottles. I took a deep breath as a tall machine rhythmically pushed on a stopper. I was carried to a small stout man who ripped off the newly placed stopper and threw it on the ground.

What a journey I have had, I fell from the sky, explored the beautiful Pacific ocean, gone through a filtering system and into a glass bottle. Now here I am trying to hang onto the side of the glass. I am glad I have not been wasted it is hard being a precious drop of water. All people should remember how precious we actually are, and the journeys we go through for the human population.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!