Babysitter's Knife

“Arrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhh” I heard a womanly voice screaming out of fear. I got up and sprinted as fast I could. Unlike most people at the park running away from the scream…. I ran towards it. As I got around the corner I saw the front of an old house with a smashed window and the edges blood stained. The scream had to of come from there. The beautiful antique door ripped of the hinges and left in hundreds of pieces on the front porch. I held my breath as I walked through the old weatherboard house before checking behind to see if anybody had followed me. I heard movement to the left of where I was standing. As I walked over to the lounge room on the left I heard a crash as I looked around the corner I saw a man holding a woman by her throat against a glass cupboard that had been smashed. I gasped loudly and quickly put my hand across my mouth. The man shot his head around to see who the sound had come from…. Me. I heard shuffling behind me. A child running away, he must have heard the scream as well. My legs were frozen as the man was walking towards me. The lady screamed as loud as she could “RUN!!” blood seeping out of the cuts all over her body. I unfroze and sprinted seeing another woman not far ahead. I heard footsteps behind me the man chasing me with all his power trying to catch me. I was horrified I didn’t know what to do but to just keep running until I got to the police station. I tripped and landed face first in a puddle of mud. I heard the footsteps behind me getting closer and closer every millisecond getting closer to being caught. My heart was racing and my feet were shaking. He grabbed a hold of my legs and slowing dragged me back to the house where the woman was. Slowly painfully my face being dragged across the rocky road, cuts forming across it quickly and painfully. I opened my eyes to realise he had already taken me into the house and grabbed the other woman by her legs and was dragging us up the stairs. I still hadn’t seen the man’s face yet. After what felt like years we were up the stairs and sitting on the couch facing the man’s back, the woman’s hands and my hands cuffed to the chair. The man slowly turned around allowing me to see this ugly man. It was my Baby sitter! His hands still behind his back he slowly showed us what he was holding behind his back. It was a large knife. He walked towards me with the blade facing me as I heard sirens. I screamed and woke up with a fright in my bed. I had dreamed it all but the worst part was my babysitter was downstairs preparing dinner with the large kitchen knife……

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!