Having Fun Cleaning Up?

“Adrian? Bill? where are you boys? I have a job for you to earn some quick cash if you want?”
“ Grandpa’s garage has got very messy over the past few years and since you two have nothing better to do this morning and who knows you might find something interesting, why not?” “Sure”, Adrian answered in a polite manner demanding Bill to agree along with him. Grandma handed the two boys who had a passion for warfare the rusty keys and sent them on their way. They approached the beaten door with splintered edges and scuffed bottom from years of anger.
Opening the door caused a large creak which seemed to ascend in volume as the boys pushed it further along. Boxes! Everywhere you looked, Bill exclaimed. The room was a total mess, all your worst nightmares united within one room. Takeout Bags, old tools, papers, whatever you could think of! Not knowing how to start, the boys both agreed to the idea of starting from the far corner and working their way up the war site. Many boxes, dead rats and dirt later, the boys came across a worn out yellow folder which read the words of CONDFIDENTIAL on the front written in the middle. It was a blue print of the house.
“Lunch!” Grandma called, for once in the teenager boy’s lives they were not excited at all to go gobble down some ham, cheese and tomato sandwiches, homemade by their grandma. Sitting at the table eating their lunch provided numerous thoughts to their vivid minds. They returned to the garage after lunch. Spreading the blue print along Grandpa’s old work bench after a quick wipe down. It revealed a secret stairway in the garage. The boys both looked at each other and without any words said, turned their heads towards the rug situated in the middle of the room. Pulling the rug over their lungs inhaled the dust causing a deep sneeze. Under the rug unveiled a timber panelled door with finger holes. Adrian pulled the door up and after checking that grandma was in bed having her daily nap, they entered. A passage way lead them to a glass table. On this table was presented numerous documents varying from maps, photos, and plans of the American Civil war which archaeologists have been trying to discover for a long time. Thinking to themselves what this would this would mean. Maybe power, money or reputation.
The boys decided to call the local newspaper company, the Delaware times. After this, every news company and museum in the entire country was conducting interviews and publishing them worldwide. A few weeks later, they received a phone call from the President inviting them to share their discovery with him at the white house. They came up to the president put the papers on the desk and said “This may not be true”. They sat there laughing and thinking of how great imagination is, making something boring enjoyable.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!