Nicholas The Lizard


One beautiful summers day in a wide warm hollow tree, lived a tiny timid scaly lizard named Nicholas. Nicholas had lived in his wonderful tree for all of his existence and it was the most precious thing in the whole wide world to him. As he slowly woke up with a creaky sound coming from his lower back, he could feel the nice cool breeze against his super slimy scales, his skin glistened in the morning sun. Would today be the day that he gains enough courage to leave his secret safe tree?
As he gazed at the squawking seagulls fly over the crystal clear sparkly blue water, he took a humongous deep breath, and leaped to the warm soft sand below. He felt eager to explore the wonderful mysteries of this beautiful part of his island.
As he was walking further and further away from his tree, he started getting a bit more used to being out of his tree, but suddenly, in a blink of an eye, out of nowhere, Nicholas heard a great loud hiss from behind him. As he slowly turned around and looked at what the hiss was, he was in full shock, staring back at him was a terrifying red belly black snake, licking his lips rapidly ready for a delightful feast. Nicholas made a dash for it, it was his first time out of his tree and he was being chased by a lizard devouring snake. He ran like the wind toward his tree.
It was no use, the snake was way too fast for him. He thought he may as well just stop and wait to be demolished by the beast. But it was Nicholas’s lucky day, because out of absolute nowhere, a massive iguana lounged at the snake with great power and in a flash of light gobbled the snake up whole. Nicholas was so happy that he was alive and was very thankful to the iguana for saving his life.
Nicholas brought the lovely iguana back to his tree for some yummy, friendly lunch together, even though the iguana did not eat much since he had just eaten a whole snake, they still had a good time and became great friends for the rest of their lucky lives.

Written By Archer Curtis

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!