Jamberoo


Last summer on our long holiday my brother and I asked our parents if we can go to Jameroo Action Park and they said yes. The day before we went I packed everything I needed. When it came time to go to bed I couldn’t sleep because I was so excited. When it was morning I was so energetic. From our house it took two hours to arrive, on our way there we only saw sheep, goats, cows and trees we thought we were going the wrong way.
When we arrived we bought our tickets and went to get a spot to sit in the shade because it was very sunny. We put sunscreen on our back before we went on any rides. The first ride we went on was the biggest and scariest the Funnel Web, but we had to wait at least an hour to get a turn, when it was our turn I got very scared and excited. It was so fun but scary. After that, we went on the splash out, we went on a slide and all the water splashes in your face then, we went to the surf hill it was a race on a mat I came last between my family I got a bit disappointed but it was only for fun. After, we went on all the other fun rides like the Banjo’s Billabong, bobsled, the rock, landscape golf, chair lift, the Tolpan, Rapid River, billabong beach, and we went in the outback bay it is a pool that creates waves and you jump on top of the wave, I nearly drowned because a big wave came over me and I didn’t jump.
After that, we went on the funnel web again, my mum was so scared because she never goes on scary rides but we forced her, in the first part mum was enjoying it but when we came to the scary part she started screaming and was nearly going to black out. Then, we went to their food court to eat, we ate fish and chips it tasted very nice I got extra tartar sauce for my fish. Meanwhile, we went to the photo booth to get our picture of us in the funnel web. Then, we bought ice cream and took a lot of pictures but it was time to go because it was time to go, they were closing down so we went to the car, it took us another two hours to get there.
When we arrived home we quickly took a shower but I took like an hour because I had to clean my hair very good to rinse of the dirt. We called our uncle to come over and before we knew it he was here, we talked and told him about the day, meanwhile mum got McDonalds for us we all ate and enjoyed our time. Unfortunately it was time for bed I slept very well. It was the best day ever so the next day we made our dad promise us to take us there every summer holiday.
By: Lara Chamoun.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!