The Flying Boy

My name is Timothy Brooks, I am 14 years old and I live in the ordinary town of carelville filled with ordinary streets, with ordinary buildings and ordinary people. But, as it turned out. I was not that ordinary. When I went to bed I was flat on my face, but when I woke up, I was lying on my back... with nothing beneath me. I was flying. Floating in mid-air. Suspended above my bed. I started to freak out and as I started to think about falling a massive 20 centimetres to my death. I stopped flying and fell on to my bed. (from last time)
(continued on from last time)
i tell charlie and connor to me at the local park at 7:00 pm that Saturday. Fortunately, they could all make it. Unfortunately, someone was eavesdropping. That Saturday, I went to the park at 6:55pm. Soon enough, my friends showed up. When all of my friends were there and everyone else had left. I built up my strength and started flying. Charlie looked at the other two and just said "I know" as they watched me twirl around in the air. I came down and showed them something I had been working on. I walked up to a tree and started flying but I made it look like I was walking up the tree. I then proceeded to handstand upside down on the branch. At this point in time even Charlie was looking at me with amazement. I came down and asked them of their opinions. It was quite funny to watch them simply close their mouth and nod. A few seconds later I heard a sneeze. all four of us looked around and watched in horror as we saw a few year 12 boys running away with a video camera screaming "BUSTED!"
"quick, after them!" I yelled. I flew after them. I quickly caught up to the boy holding the camera. I recognized him as the one who I had thrown across the eating area. I tried to snatch the camera out of his hand but his friend hit me with a rock. I fell to the ground with a sharp "thud". When my friends caught up to me I picked Connor and left Charlie to continue running. I sped after the boys and as I got close I told Connor to kick like he has never kicked before. One of my friends kicked the boy with the camera in the shoulder so hard that he fell over. Charlie ran in and grabbed the camera off the boy and grabbed on to Connor’s legs and I flew all of us away. When we landed back at my house. There was a lot of cheering and high-fiving as we celebrated our victory against the year 12's. I was just relieved that we were able to retrieve the footage otherwise I would have become too famous for my own good.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!