Katies Story

I was only three when I got cancer. I was never told I had it till I turned 12. I tried hiding and screaming in my room for months to get rid of the thought I had cancer. On October 15th 2013 I meet my first friend at my new school her name was Belle. Belle and I told each other secrets till she told she had cancer and that she wore a wig because she had no hair. Belle died after her 13th birthday. After that I never went to school ever again. Eventually I went back to school. I became really sick and had to go to hospital for early morning check ups for 2 years then I had to have 4 test a month so I can live longer than I’m suppose to. After a few months my family moved because my mum and dad thought that school wasn’t right for me. At my new school I lost half of my hair. Half of the girls asked if I would ever be normal. I ignored them for the rest of 8th grade. I became even sicker till all my hair was gone, I started to wear a wig so I wouldn’t get bullied and that no one will think I have cancer and give me an even harder time at school. Later on that year my mum, dad and little brother died in a car accident. I had to live with my auntie sue for 2 years till she forced me to move with her to Russia. I never liked Russia it was really bad environment for me. When I was older I went back to Australia and lived with a friend for 1 year till I became sick that I had to stay in hospital till the machine will start to go “beeeeeep”. About a month later I was fighting for my life to never hear “beeeeeeeeep”. That was the last thing I ever heard. I realised I’m living a normal life I wasn’t different.
12 scary hours later I woke up in shock. I have must of live a normal life after all.

By Amy Smirniotis


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!