Ferris Wheel

Its official, I'm never going on the Ferris Wheel AGAIN. Not after the cage lock broke and Kelsey fell out. Because of that stupid ride, my cousin is one legged! It all started like this: "Come on Kristen! Let's go on the Ferris Wheel!" Kelsey screamed in my ear. "Fine, but I'm only doing it for you. After this, you got to promise me that we will go on the Dodgem Cars, okay? Okay." I told her. So we lined up to get our tickets. The line was pretty big, so I started to playing with my hair. I had straightened it for the occasion. My hair is normally curly(it's impossible to untangle) and up in a long ponytail. "KRISTEN CHARLSTON! Are you coming?" Kelsy was already getting into the carriage. "Oh sorry!" I gave the man that worked there my ticket and climbed in. "Do you mind if I chuck these two in with you girls?" He asked us. "I guess so." I told him. It took me a while to notice that 'the two' he threw in with us were my friends from school. "Hi! I didn't even notice it was you two, Indie and Gus!" Indie and Gus laughed, "Nice to see you Kris, looking good too! Gus complimented me. I blushed and tried not to look him in the eye. Then we started moving. I gripped onto Kelsey and braced myself. I am TERRIFIED of heights! Kelsey just laughed. She wasn't afraid. I saw Indie take Gus' hand and felt a pang of jealousy. Then I heard a horrid sound. The latch behind us was coming loose. I saw Kelsey look at me, I reached out my hands and caught her arm. She tried to hurl herself back into the carriage, but something caught her leg and it...it..It ripped her leg off. I have never felt so sick in my life! I just stared at her, she was screaming in agony and pain. "Kristen, MY LEG!" she screamed. I leaned over and vomited. We finally were at the end of our ride. I got out and helped Kelsey. The man saw us and called the ambulance. In no time at all, we were all at the hospital. I woke up in a hospital bed with mum next to me. I honestly don't remember what happened after that, but I remember whispering "Kelsey. Leg. The Show."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!