Our Dog With Wings

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

This is a poem about Georgie. He's our family pet.
But he doesn't have fur or paws and we haven't heard him bark yet.
You see, Georgie is our parrot who does lots of crazy things.
He waddles and eats lamb chops, he's our Dog with Wings.
In the morning Georgie wakes my brother Max, by sitting on his bed, He whistles and he poos ­ but not on Maxie's head!
During the day he sits with Daddy and watches him do work.
He sleeps and chirps beside him, but eats cashews on his perch.
When we come home from school, Georgie is there to greet us, He flaps, flies and whistles, but he doesn't want to eat us!
Georgie just wants to play and peck at all our toys, But it's hard to get too mad at him, when he says, 'Good boy, Georgie Boy!' Shower time is fun, when Georgie gets wet and shivers.
So Mama gives him a blow dry and ruffles all his feathers.
We love our parrot Georgie, when he does these crazy things.
And despite his fantastic feathers, he's still our Dog with Wings!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!