A CATastrophe

It all started the terrible night when me and my cat friends met up behind an ancient Italian restaurant. This might sound revolting to you but to us its cat heaven. There’s food scraps everywhere and no one can see us making mischief. When Spike, Tom and I have finished our feast we moved on to the park that’s where all the action is on a fun filled Friday night.
As we make our way to the park creeping past houses trying not to wake the dogs or as we call the pesky things the alarms. When we got to the park it was lit up like a football stadium during a match. We saw all the cats from across town. There are the strays. They aren’t very bright I think it’s because of the lack of food or something. Also there are the posh cats that think they’re so good but really they aren’t any better than an old boot. In their so called “gang” there is Holly, Polly and Molly. Also there is Holly’s boyfriend, Joshua and his friend Kyle. Then there is us the legends. Me, Spike (whose real name is Mackenzie but we call him Spike because of the wicked collar he wears) and Tom the tom cat.
The first game for the night is dare or dunk. This game is played by a group of people giving each other dares, if you don’t complete them you have to take a dunk in the freezing cold water of the bird bath. The first dare of the night was to Joshua. He had to take a spin on the whirly wheel. This is a pole that spins really fast; I thought he would fail for sure. He didn’t, he stayed on the whole time! Then it was my turn. My dare was to go into a yard with a dog and make it the whole way across the yard. The dog was in its doghouse sleeping peacefully. My plan was to sprint the whole way across. I started sprinting my body was filling with fear but then the worst happens. I stand on a stupid squeaky toy. The dog’s ears prick up and so does its body. I run and run until I come up with an idea. I leap onto the trampoline but the beast follows. He stays still. Watching my every move. I gulp and have an idea I bolt up the tree to safety.
Hours past, I still can’t get down. I meow and meow till it felt like my lungs were going to burst. Eventually an old lady came who owned the house came outside and rang the firemen. The huge red fire truck came down the street. I saw the man put the ladder on the tree. He was kind and gentle but his breath smelt like an old man’s laundry. I walk home seeing that everyone has gone home I think to myself what to do next week.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!