Sarah Jane

Sarah Jane’s first dawn.
Sarah waits in bushes for her last victim to arrive. An owl hoots in the distance a lone frog croaks, with her heightened hearing she could hear a pin drop from miles away. The night is shattered by an roaring engine, the bright lights piercing the night sky, she ducks further into bushes to prevent being seen by him.
The car door creaks open, he burps and places his pizza on the roof of his car, he closes the car door and waddles toward the front door. He rattles his keys just enough to distract him from Sarah’s approach, his hairs began to prickle and takes a longing look around he sees nothing, he kicks the door in dumps his pizza on the grotty couch, heads towards the bathroom to wash up.
Sarah stealthily creeps in and sits in one of the darkened corners waiting patiently for the opportune moment to strike, Sarah’s cravings are now becoming more insistent. Sarah still remembering her first time she did this to pass the time, the hurt and agony still haunt her dreams. Finally he walks over to the couch and plonks down, shoves down a huge chunk of pizza and salivates and turns on the football game and blanks out to his surroundings.
Sarah could hear his heart beating, his blood rushing through his veins. She stealthily stands behind him, even this close he didn’t flinch or sense anything. He looks down to grab a beer, he sees a shadow, he screams but it’s too late. His arm falling off in front of him. Blood spurting out soaking the carpet.
Sarah quickly twists his head to shut him up, his body lay on the floor twitching in last moments of life. Sarah thrusts herself onto his body and laps up the blood, after an hour of feeding, she stops and looks at herself in the hall mirror. Sarah stares at her blood stained clothes, a tear rolls down her cheek Sarah looks at the dismembered corpse, the clock beeps 6 times dawn soon, Sarah looks around for a hiding place. A feeling of loss overcomes Sarah, feeling lonely and betrayed
The black sky is gradually turning blue as the first rays of sunshine penetrate the night sky, Sarah finally realises the nightmare that is her life sobbing as she remembers her torment. Sarah slowly walks out the door to greet the morning sun. As the first rays hit Sarah her skin begins to smoulder and turn into ash. Sarah looks up and faces the dawn light, she screams in agony and twists in into a ball of ash and blows away with the gentle morning breeze.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!