War On Front Line

War on front line
They lay in the burning sun, flat on their stomachs in the soft sand, listening to the crazy extremists. They waited for the colonel’s order to move, to go through the door and take him down.
They lay there waiting.

Adam popped his head up. “Is this possible colonel?” he whispered.
“Of course this is possible” colonel whispered.
“Adam, Steve” colonel whispered
“Yes” Adam and Steve replied quietly
“Quietly slide out from under this burnt out car then get to your knees and sneak around this sand bag wall then sneak up to the back door of the mud hut and wait for me to make a owl sound then when you hear the owl sound attack ,” Colonel commanded quietly.

Adam and Steve quietly slide out from underneath the burnt out car, the hot sand half fell off them when they got to their knees. They could feel the burning hot sun on their body. They slowly walked to the corner of the sand bag wall trying not to make any noise.
The slightest sound would make the extremists inside the mud think that they could be attacking from both sides.

Steve checked the corner with his gun loaded and up high ready to shoot.
“All clear” he quietly told Adam
“Thanks” said Adam
“I have the next corner we have to share it you can’t always put yourself on the line. We are a team”. Adam commanded
“ADAM you have a family at home waiting for you, your wife and your little son.”

They sneaked around the corner of the sand bag wall and went to the mud hut getting ready to turn the next corner. Colonel was still calling out orders to try and get the extremists out. They weren’t moving not even for money.
“Come on out without the reporter or I will throw a grenade” colonel commanded.
“No” the extremist called.
“I’m throwing a grenade then” colonel told.

Boooooommmm the grenade hit the mud hut and blew the entrance apart.
“That didn’t hurt us” the extremists called confidently.
“Boys get ready were moving in” colonel whispered to the three army soldier with him.
Steve and Adam kept creeping up to the door with their guns up high. They wait at the corner with their guns up high ready to fire.
Steve made the owl sound.
“Adam let’s go” Steve whispered.
Adam sneaks in and jumps around the corner.
Boom the yellow color of the gun light up the dark hut.
“Adam get out the way” Steve commanded
Steve jumps out from the wall as Adam jumps behind the wall and fires.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!