I Rode On A Seahorse

Finalist in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

Have you ever ridden on a seahorse? I have and this is my story. One day I went to the aquarium. I saw the dolphins, the penguins, the seals and lots of other sea animals. My favourite animals were the seahorses. I wished I could ride one, I wished really hard. Then all of the sudden I was small and on the back of a seahorse. Could this be real, was I dreaming? I had to pinch myself. This was really happening. I was riding on a seahorse. It was awesome.
We weaved through seaweed, bumped over coral and skidded on the seabed. We came around a rock pool and saw a seahorse race. It was called the Seahorse and Fish Race. If you wanted to enter the race you had to say the password which was, ‘Clam’. The Seahorse wanted to enter and so did I. There were three events. They were swimming, jumping across the water and a sprint dive, where you swim to the bottom of the seabed and to the top again in fifteen seconds. It was great fun! We won the sprint dive event and won a medal. The second event was much better. A fish won that race. It was jumping over the water. It was fun but we didn’t make it. We were all very close to winning the last event, the swimming race. Another fish won because he had a head start. The seahorse and I said to the fish, “why did you have a head start?” The fish said, “Because I thought he said go.” “Well he didn’t” I said. After a while we stopped fighting, the seahorse said to me “Why did you fight with the fish?” “Because I was trying to tell the fish not to cheat, that it’s not nice, but he wouldn’t listen to me.”
After the race it was time to go back to the seahorse’s house. We had a party. We ate seaweed cakes and played with green balloons, we played lots of party games and did the seahorse dance. I was having so much fun but I realised that it was getting dark and late. I said to the seahorse that my parents will be worried about me. I said goodbye to everyone and thanked them for a wonderful day. I swam to the surface and turned back to my normal size. My mother said to me “Oh my darling, I thought you were lost.” “Oh mum don’t worry about me.” “Why?” “It’s a long story mum so I will tell you later.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!