MAN VERSUS RAM

Finally!! The doors of the bus burst open with a crash, and my competitive little brother and I leap off the bus and sprint to the huge, V8 Amarok.
As soon as we got home we throw our school bags on the lawn and, still in our school uniforms, race to the shed. Dad had already put the sheep in the shed. We ran into the pen and all of the sheep scatter, but left standing in the centre is a gigantic ram with monstrous horns and a devilish grin. I lunge on him and seize his horns. He struggles and fights but he can’t knock me off. I grit my pearly whites and hold on for dear life. He starts cavorting across the pen towards the huge cast iron gate! I dive off just before he bashes me into it. I stand up slowly as the ram runs off. I spin around quickly as I hear the sound of a hoof scraping on the wooden boards, and a deep huffing and puffing as he stomps his foot down behind me. I sprint across the pen in hope of escape but I make a huge mistake. I run in front of the cast iron gate! The ram starts charging towards me with his head lowered!
I vault clean over him just before he bashed the gate… “CRRAAAAAAASH!” He smashed his head into the huge gate and it flew through all of the other fences and out of the side of the shed! “CALLUM!” Dad roars. “Leave that psycho ram alone!” “Why?” I enquire. “Because it’s dinner time,” he replies, “plus you’re still in your school clothes.” I stare down at my pants, they were mangled, torn and ripped. “Fine!” I grumble and look across at the ram. “We’ll continue this duel tomorrow,” I snarl at him as I careen on the top of the fence post and stare him in the eye tenaciously. I bolt off and triumphantly thrust my fist in the air. I see Aedan sprinting to the house so I take off in hot pursuit of him like a dog chasing a rabbit…

CALLUM BOLWELL
YR 5/11 YR OLD ST BERNARDS PS

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!