Harmony

The sun rose up like a flag, smiling at trees and houses. At about 5 o'clock the birds tweeted and it was a lovely melody until my alarm starts to join in.

"Cock a doodle doo!"

I turned it off before the second 'cock', feeling dizzy and sleepy so I fall asleep again. I drifted into a dream as fast as lighting when suddenly a loud noise came into my mind.

"Wake up you sleepyhead! You'll be late!"

That was mum and wait, did she say I'll be late! I jumped up from my bed, staring at the clock like an owl waiting for its prey. It’s 8:15 already! I quickly got changed and did everything I do each morning, then dashed down some of the stairs and jumped the rest. I got a bottle of those tiny yogurt and gulped it quickly. I put my lunchbox into my bag, wore my shoes and went out the door. Then I finally realised the weather. It was warm and colourful with the sun barbecuing the whole world. I walked slowly and looked at the time. 8:20! I needed to hurry up! So I decided to use the routine of walking, skipping and running. I used the routine and arrived at my middle school at about 8:25 and found out that my friends were waiting by the gate.

One of my friends called out, "Walk faster, Briana! You'll be late!"

The day rushed quickly like a blur and soon I was walking home with my friends.

Mum said that she had made some cupcakes for me and my little brother, Jake. I was so hungry so I stuffed one cupcake in my mouth.

My mum cried, "I know you're hungry, but you can't eat like a pig!"

Jake said, "You know when she's hungry, she IS a pig!"

"Mum," I wailed, "he called me a pig!"

My mum sighed and walked away. Once I've finished my cupcakes, I went to play with my dog, Harmony. I play with her every day after school. She is a lively and cute puppy I've got since primary. I walked up to her but she didn't bark. I thought, 'She usually bark when I go near her.' I saw Harmony very uncomfortable so I called my mum. She said Harmony have a cold. Harmony needs to eat her medicine so I ran and grabbed it. I felt the inside, shook it and put it upside down but there was nothing coming out from it. Suddenly the trees outside felts like it was dancing to the retheme of a scary music.

I shouted, "There's nothing in it!"

Mum sighed and said, "Oh dear! Looks like we're going to have a trip to the vet!"

We went to the vet, bought some medicine, fed Harmony and put her into sleep.

The next day I woke up and saw Harmony bouncing up and down. From that day on, my dream is to be a vet.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!