Haunted House

Haunted House
The hairs on my neck stood up as I felt a shiver go down my spine and a cool breeze ran through the house as I sat in front of the fire. Hannah could hear footsteps going up and down the stairs.
“What is happening?” I went upstairs and heard whispers.
“I’m over here” she spun around and said to herself
“I’m just imaging things”.

I’m on my way down stairs when I hear plates rattling, books falling off shelves and doors squeaking. Hannah went to the front door and tried to open it, IT WAS LOCKED!! She ran to the back door and opened it. Hannah ran onto the veranda to see candles lit and chairs moved.
“WHAT IS GOING ON?”
She thought this was all just a practical prank but there was no one to be seen.

She walked down the stairs and into her backyard, she went to her apple tree and took a bright red apple off the tree and took a bite to relieve the stress but it didn’t help.

She started walking up the stairs when suddenly she saw a girl hovering above floor.
Saying “help me help me”
So she went closer and her head turned in Hannah’s way. Was this the end?

The shadow was coming closer as the hovering girl touched Hannah’s face, blood rushed from her face. She fainted with no delay!

An hour had passed and she still hadn’t woken up. Her friend was coming over, She knocked on the door but know answer. So she went to the backdoor and stepped inside to see her friend lying on the ground. She rang 000.

She heard noises like rattling plates and footsteps would this ghost strike twice. The ambulances arrived… and found two bodies lying on the ground. It had been an hour later and the girls still hadn’t woken up! Has this ghost taken their souls?




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!