Man In The Mirror


The hairs on my neck stood up because the same scary dream I had last week was being replayed again. There in my room was a dark figure looming over me. Struggling to move for a desperate escape. I tried to scream but nothing comes out. Then the pale white hands reach out of his sleeves and touch my face. Blood gushed from where he touched me. I wake up screaming gasping for air. I touch my face it’s as cold as ice but how? But I feel something else on my face I turn on my torch its blood.

I run out of my bedroom into the bathroom to wash my face. But there in the mirror is the dark figure with his ice cold hands reaching out at me I turn around but nothings there. So I run screaming into Mum and Dads room. Mum calms me down so in the end my body gives up on staying awake.

The next morning I’m walking to school when a pack of dogs with red eyes chased after me. With my blood pumping though my body I run and jump over the school fence. My friend Greg asks why throughs dogs were chasing me. I replied “I don’t know but something strange is going on”. At play time I go to the toilet and wash my hands.
In the mirror the dark figure is reaching out at me. I say “It’s not real” but then a hand touches my shoulder. I turn around to punch it but it but it wasn’t the dark figure it was my friend Charlie. It turns out Charlie was concussed so he had to go home early.

On the way home Greg ran up behind me and said “I’ll walk home with you”. As we walk past an alley way some body drags me into a potato bag. Greg screams “SAM”!!! But it’s too late the dark figure with ice cold hands has captured me.

The next day the dead body of Sam Ferguson was found in a river. But the dark figure with ice cold hands was never found. So he could still be out there searching for a next target or possible you?

THE END

By Samuel Butterworth

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!