Danny And The Surprise

Danny was a hard working bloke. At the building site he quickly and proudly finished the things he had to do before he could go home because he was excited about a surprise coming up. The next morning his boss Mr Ewens said someone was on the phone for him. He wondered who that could be. He walked over to the phone, picked it up and said “Hello, Danny speaking.” “Hello Danny” said a voice “my name is Mark Perkison” he went on “I have a proposition for you.” Danny wondered what the proposition was. The phone was silent for a moment then Mark said “Oh sorry, someone was talking to me. Well I want you to come to the yellow building in town and your proposition will start.” Danny then hung up the phone and felt excited!
He put all his tools away and went home. He went to bed early that night thinking what his proposition was. He woke up that morning excited. He ate his Weety-bix fast and grabbed his newspaper, put it tightly in his tool box, got dressed, said goodbye to his wife, got his tool box and ran out the door and jumped in the car and drove to the big yellow building in town. When he got there he asked the lady at the front counter “Which floor if Mark Perkison on?” She replied, “Level 45,” still looking at the computer. So Danny walked to the elevator and pressed button 45 and went up to Mark’s floor. Mark had a wonderful view from up there.
Mark came out and said, “Our proposition is you’re going to be in our next yellow pages TV advertisement and you will start tomorrow, see ya.” The next day Danny went to work. First he went to his office and worked with Mark, to think of the ad and this is what they thought of. Danny’s lawn mower had broken so he goes through the yellow pages and finds a lawnmower fixer. He calls him up. The fixer guy accidentally cracks a bit of his house and so they look through the yellow pages and find Mark’s Buildings. He comes and fixes the house and they walk inside because Danny asks them if they want a drink and they find 3 pigs sitting at the dining table drinking coffee. The Yellow Pages come up on the screen. That became the most popular ad on TV. They won an Award too. Danny loved his new life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!