Pain

Pain is considered gruesome and most people fear it but others welcome it, some people need to feel the torture of a bone snapping, or a sharp knife or even just a broken heart.
But what if we could prepare ourselves for this pain, this supposedly gruesome thing. What if we could live through a death before we die, like what if we could feel all our bones crush instantly and not even know we die, just like a fly dies when we squish then without a second thought. What if we were someone else’s no second thought.
Or what if we felt the slow delirious death a bug spray can do to a spider. Would we stumble around losing our minds before we slowly crawl into a ball and become still.
Would this preparing ourselves result in fewer deaths or more because we would then know what pain feels like and think nothing of it to die?
Would this preparing ourselves by living through others deaths then kill us inside, what if we were in our most loved ones position when the car crashed, when the blood was lost, when the last breath was taken.
Would that be too much for the surviving person? Would they be so damaged that they became unresponsive?
Would they be able to come back from that unbearable state?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!