Dark Realms

It was a warm Sunday evening. Edward Peterson was laying on his black leather recliner with his eyes shut, trying to get a rare hour of sleep. He didn’t sleep much because he was one of only two police officers the feral city of Kingsville. Edward loved his job almost more than sleep, so he decided to work for even more hours than he already struggled to work with. Edward was 21 years old and he had brown hair as spiky as an echidna’s backside. All Edward could hear were people screaming for help and guns being fired, but he figured it was all in his head as usual. Edward could smell exotic food from across the road at an expensive, posh restaurant. He always wanted to eat in there. The restaurant was called the “Royal Ristorante’” and it was the best restaurant in Kingsville.
When Edward finally fell asleep it was too late, his alarm clock rang and woke him in an instant. It was three in the morning. Just as Edward got his uniform on he heard a loud knock on his door. Edward was puzzled, what kind of a crazy freak would knock on a Police officer’s door at three in the morning, thought Edward as he slowly walked up to his front door.
Edward slowly opened the door while yawning, which gave the man wearing a golden suit behind Edward’s door, the element of surprise. The gold man struck Edward without any hesitation, it was a hard blow to Edward’s chest and it knocked him over instantly.
Edward screamed as loudly as he could, which unfortunately right now was silent, because the gold man had his golden gauntlet over Edward’s mouth. Now all Edward could see was an empty street. He began to lose hope when suddenly he heard a loud wind rushing his way. Right now Edward didn’t care what it was, unless it was going to hurt him. The wind got louder and louder until Edward knew it was about three houses away from his. He had high hopes that it would save him. When Edward saw it he almost had a heart attack, it was a tornado. But this tornado didn’t look right, it was dark purple and it looked thick, it was completely tearing his street apart. Then the tornado started to shrink. It got smaller and smaller until it was gone. BANG, there was a huge purple explosion, but it didn’t wreck anything, it put everything back in place. Then a man emerged from the thick purple smoke.
The man was tall and looked proud like a peacock showing off its bright colourful feathers to the world. He wore a green robe and a silver crown. The crown had bright green emeralds scattered all over it, making it glow in the distance. Edward had never seen someone who looked so proud and powerful in his entire lifetime. Edward’s life was about to change forever, the Dark Realms were beckoning.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!