Knocked Out

KNOCKED OUT
“It’s five minutes before lunch and I’m freaking out because it’s the basketball grand final. I’m looking at my friends 24.7 and then I look at the clock 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ding, ding, ding YAY”.I run out side and everyone was trying to get a seat. I was looking around and I’m smiling with happiness. I hear the siren yay. The umpire calls us up to the court 3, 2, 1 the siren sounds again. Woo Hoo and Bulldogs ( my team ) score. “ Oh no what’s happened to Bonny? Ring the ambulance”!.

Day 1 in hospital -
“What happened?” I say.
“You suffered a bump to the head and guess what?”
“What?”
“Bulldogs won the grand final”
“Yay. So how long will I be in the hospital for?”
“The doctor said about week”
“Ok”

Day 2 in hospital -

“You’re going to have x-rays today just in case there’s anything broken”
(After x-rays)
“So how were they?”
“Good news actually nothing broken”
“Awesome”
“Look a present with your name on it from Nanna”
“Cool I wonder what it is?. AWESOME it’s the really big bag of lollies I’ve always wanted mum come here look.”
“You didn’t need those”
“Yes I did (ha ha”).

Day 3 in hospital -

“Guess what? Instead of a week you’re leaving tomorrow.”
“What really.”
“Yep”. Ding Dong
“Mum someone’s at the door could you please get it.”
“Sure”
“ DADDY hi.”
“Hi darling how are you going.”
“I’m feeling fine now. Dad instead of a week I’m coming out tomorrow.”
“Congratulations darling.”

Day 4 in hospital -
“Haaaaaaaaaaa.”
“Morning honey, how are you?”
“I’m getting out, I’m getting out Woo Hoo.”
“Guess what honey when we get home get ready to partay.”
“?.”

Day 4 afternoon at home-

“Welcome back girlfriend.”
“Thanks everybody how are you guys?”
“Fine how are you with that big knock to the head?”
“Fine now.”
“Well are we going to partay or what.”
“This is the best partay ever!”
By Bonny Becherer

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!