Kidnapped!

"Urgh," I groaned.
Why did we have to have such heavy bags for school. It was already a hot day and to make it even worse, we had to drag these burdensome bags, all the way home. I just wanted to collapse on the ground, close my eyes and doze off without having to worry about the stressful things in life.

I sighed, for I knew that that was not going to happen. Then I continued through the winding streets, adorned with a variety of colourful flora. The breeze blew gently against my pale skin sending my inky black hair softly, tumbling backwards.

Turning into the next street, I continued to walk. That's when I caught a glimpse of a man behind me. Was it just my imagination or was it really a man dressed completely in black? I turned back slightly to confirm what I had saw and I was right, there really was a man. His ice-blue eyes were also staring straight at me!

I turned into the next street and continued to walk at a steady pace. Within a few minutes the same man had appeared behind me. I took a quick glance back again and his eyes were still set on me. I quickened my pace to a fast walk and took another fleeting look back. He had increased his pace to match mine!

Oh god, he was really after me! What did he want with me? I didn't do anything wrong. Maybe that's why he wanted me? Oh, I give up but what should I do? I started to calm myself and take deep breaths. I knew that panicking wouldn't get me anywhere. I took a moment to think about my next move when it occurred to me, why hadn't increased his pace to catch up with me? After all, he had his sights set directly on me. Maybe I was overthinking this and he was just a normal guy. Then again, it wasn't everyday that you'd see a man walking around the streets, in the middle of the day, dressed like a thief or a kidnapper. Wait a minute... Could it be a trap?

I could feel the hair, on the back of my neck, prickling up for he was watching me like an eagle. I couldn't take it anymore so I broke into a run. Faster, I cried to my legs as I dashed across the pavement. My heart thrummed against my ribcage; a rhythm of rapid beats. This wasn't good, for he was catching up. I was also getting tired now but I was nearly home, just a few more blocks away. I turned into the next street and before I knew it BANG! Pain shot through my head as dots, thousands of white dots blurred the edges of my vision. Everything grew fuzzy and before it all faded into a sea of eternal darkness, I caught a glimpse of the sight before me. Another man in black.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!