Saved By Josh

I was running from the creature constantly looking back to see if it was gaining speed but unfortunately it just kept running at the same speed, I was slowly getting more and more tired, I had horrible stamina. Why would I go after a monster who is famous for it’s speed. Well that is where Josh comes in. Josh is a 11 year old boy who has been missing for over a week,
The monster looked like it should be in “Where the Wild Things Are”, every time I turned around the monster would hiss showing it’s enormous fangs as if trying to show of it’s teeth. The monster was at least 10 feet tall and bright red eyes that flashed blue from time to time, it’s mouth was constantly dripping green acid that evaporated into steam whenever it touched something, I couldn’t imagine how much it would hurt to touch it. His hands and feet looked like a puppies except for his massive claws. His legs were as hairy as my head and his stomach was the worst part, it has scars practically everywhere and acid dripping out of his belly button.
I on the other hand have brown short hair bright blue eyes and a cheeky smile I also have a scar on my face just under my nose.
I stopped for a breath because I thought the monster must have lost me, biggest mistake ever. I turned around and the monster dived forward and I dodged just in time as the monster flew forward and smashed head first into a tree, the tree shook and eventually fell down. The monster got up and shook his head.
“You want to get me?” I shouted, the monster nodded like an excited puppy about to get a treat, “That was meant to be a rhetorical question!”
The monster hissed and acid dripped out of his mouth and before I could react dripped acid right on to my foot. Pain throbbed through my body and I doubled over clenching my steaming leg. My vision blurred and I knew it was the end.
Right before my vision vanished, and I went completely black a figure with short blonde hair appeared out of nowhere, after a while I noticed he looked almost exactly like Josh. He thrashed the monster in two (wish I could do that). I stood up and my leg throbbed so I tried to put weight on my other foot,
“You ok?”
My vision came back and I noticed he was Josh, but his hair was full of oil, there where bruises all over his face and his hand was bleeding.
“What happened to you?” I asked, “Never mind you can tell me on the way,”
“Ok”
Then we walked into the woods keeping an eye out for any more monsters.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!