Haunted Horrors

HAUNTED HORRORS

I was finally here. The Royal Adelaide Show. I had been begging Mum and Dad to take me here for ages! Finally they gave in. I was staring at the Haunted House. That place gave me the shivers. Dad caught me. “You want to go in there with me sport?” asked Dad.
“No way,” I replied, “I would rather go on the…umm…” I looked around. The only thing in sight was “the Merry-go-round!” I blurted out. Dad looked at me as if I had two heads. “Whatever you say,” said Dad doubtfully.

Before I knew it, I was on a big blue horse. Of course, I was the only one on the Merry-go-round. The bearded man pulled the lever and off I went. A group of teenage boys started pointing and laughing at me. When my time was nearly up, I was ready as ever to hop off. The teenage boys made me feel so uncomfortable. They called more of their friends over. There were about 10 more people standing there laughing at me. The bearded man probably felt bad for me. I’m pretty sure he cut my time early. The bearded man pulled the lever and SNAP! It broke off.

The bearded man’s face turned white. He tried to put the lever back on. I started spinning faster. Even faster. I got faster by the second. I was scared. The faster I got the more scared I became. I felt so sick. I was holding on with one hand. I was losing my grip. I was holding on with one finger. Next thing I knew, I was flying through the air! Everybody was pointing.

I thought it was all over when I landed on the bouncy house but BOING! I bounced over the other side. I couldn’t believe this was happening! I was way too young to die. I had my whole life to live! I was soaring through the air. BOOM! I landed in some strange cart. It looked very familiar. “Oh no!” I cried. I was in the Haunted House. My worst nightmare! The cart started moving. I tried to get out but my foot was stuck in the corner. “HELP!” I cried. No one came. I heard footsteps. I screamed. I closed my eyes and told myself “Don’t be afraid.”

Someone touched my shoulder. I opened my eyes. Dad was standing there. His face had no colour except for a very pale white. “Are you hurt?” asked Dad with a shivering voice.

“No, not at all,” I replied.

We stood there looking at each other for a while. “Weren't you scared of the ride?” Dad finally asked. “No way, I've just been through that crazy Merry-go-round ride, the Haunted House was a walk in the park!” I replied. We laughed. Mum came running over and gave me the biggest hug I have ever received. I would never be afraid of another Haunted House again!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!