Heartbreak Girl

Hi I'm Eloise and I grew up in the small little town of Oakland in New South Wales Australia.
I was never really liked in Oakland , I was bullied quite severally there actually.

When I was 8 I told my mum, she told me not to worry that I was liked by so many people,
I knew she was lying, I only had 1 friend his name was Jackson but he never talked to me at school, we only talked and played when he came over.
I remember the day when I asked him why
"Why don't you hang out with me at school" I said
" well I have lots of friends, and they don't like you so I don't talk to you at school" he told me.

I'll be honest I was heartbroken, my little brain couldn't understand why he acted like this.
When i was 13 I found out about popularity, I worked out what Jackson was saying and to be honest I felt my heartbreak again.
Over the past 5 years Jackson hasn't been coming over much and when he did he avoided me and played the xbox with my brother.

When I was 16 my school held a dance,
And let's just say I was the only person left without a date.
Even freckle face Freddie had a date and he looks like a massive sultana.
I was hoping jack would ask but he choose the new girl, I guess that I should give up on him. But how can I when he promised that he would take me, I guess it was when we were 7 and he forgot but I had a video of when he told me
"Are we going to be friends forever" I asked
" Of course we will Elly " he told me
"But you have so many more friends than me" I was sad
" I promise you that no matter what we will ok" he started to sound frustrated
"But" I said worried
"Eloise shut up I will even take you to the dance" he yelled
"JACK that's a bad word and what's a dance" I was scared that mummy and aunty Sarah would hear him and I don't want him in trouble.
" I don't know but Gemma is going to it this year" he told me
After that we went back to playing in a sand pit.
We didn't realise that our mums were recording the whole thing and I was angry afterwards.

Mum told me that I should go to dance and have fun, I knew that I had no option and went.
The beginning of the night was fun as my one other friend was there.
But things went down from their when I had a slushy poured on me.
I ran outside crying, I got out my phone and called my mum, before she answered someone grabbed my hand and turned me around.
"Come on I'll drive you home."
"But your date-"
"She means nothing."

To be continued...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!