Katie

So. Here I am. I have the knife in my hand. I should probably cut my neck. That would be a sure way to end it.

Before I end it, I should probably tell you a bit about why I am here. I was bullied all through my primary school. My parents were always working away from home and I so desperately needed someone to talk to. So I turned to facebook and social media. I found this guy, whose name I will never mention again, who let me talk to him. I put my trust in him and told everything. I felt I no longer had to hide who I was. That was probably the reason why when he asked me to flash him, I did. He posted my pictures everywhere. As soon as I went to school the next day, I was faced with rumours and bullying of all kinds. I fell back into my depressed state and felt more alone then ever.

My parents suggested I move schools. I thought it would be a good idea. It would give me a chance to start over. Once I moved, it didn't take long for someone to recognise me. Once again I was alone and had no one. I didn't want to tell my parents so I just stuck it out. Then a new girl, Katie, moved to the school. She was the most beautiful person inside and out. She knew what it was like to be alone. We became really good friends. I felt that finally my life was getting back on track.
Until the day I got the call. Katie's mum was on the phone crying and screaming. I went straight over to their house. Katie had drank bleach in an attempt of suicide. I rode with her in an ambulance. Luckily they managed to bring her back. Katie promised me she would never do such a thing ever again. As soon as she was ready to come back to school a whole new wave of bullying started. As if bullying someone on the verge of suicide was going to help. One day Katie didn't show up to school. I tried calling her and she didn't answer. After school I made my way over to her house. The front door was open. I called out to her, but she didn't answer. I ran up to her room. She wasn't in there either. I opened the door to the bathroom and almost fainted. There was blood all over the white walls and the butcher knife still in her hand. She had slit her neck and wrists. I just started crying. I didn't know what to do. So here I am. I have the knife in my hand. I should probably cut my neck that would be a sure way to end it. I'm so sorry. I just don't think my life is worth living without my one and only best friend.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!