Pass

I felt smaller, more lost than i ever had ,when i was sitting alone in the empty city. saturday November 22 2003 8:45 pm, sitting in my bedroom playing games with my little sister Mya, Monopoly to be exact. Just as i was about to go bankrupt i heard crying coming from the level below i suddenly stopped my sister looking at me pointing at me, trying to tell me it was my turn my sister didn’t know what was going on she's deaf which does not make things easier.I stood up and walked down stairs, slowly, quietly, trying to hear what was going on as i reached the lounge room i peeked behind the corner with my sister behind me breathing down my neck. I looked towards the door and saw my mum’s back to me and 2 tall men dressed in blue and white,i took a wild guess and assumed it was the police.

My Mum looked over to me and my sister, tears running down her face. She pointed to me and then the couch i knew she was telling me to sit down i knew something was really wrong if she couldn't talk. My Mum began to speak,my heart dropped, my father was dead. How could something like this happen.

My father was always there for me and my family, he was always there for us. He was a proud man of our country,He died a brave man who fought for freedom.

My eyes began to shed tears i couldn't take the pain it was all too much, I ran out of the house, slamming the door behind me. Sitting by a fast food restaurant window with my head in my knees, people walking by probably thinking i was homeless or something, but i couldn't care less my father had died. I didn't know what to do it was the worst time in my life. I had been with my dad all my life, shared all special moments with him.He was at my most special moment last week when i had my heart transplant

I ran home and sat with my mum for the rest of the night as we talked about all the great times with dad.I had 1 question in mind and i didn't want to ask it to soon but i had to it was inside of me desperately trying to get out, what exactly happened i asked, how did dad die. Mum paused for a minute for 2 and the next words that came out of her mouth were the most painful words to hear in my whole life my mum said, who do you think gave you the heart

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!